首页 > 代码库 > 做人要问心无愧
做人要问心无愧
电影名: 机智问答/益智游戏/幕后谎言, quiz show
查尔斯范多伦, Charles Van Doren
检察官的话:
我叔叔想他老婆承认他有外遇, 我家人有点不高兴, 这个外遇发生在8年前, 我问他为何承认骗过她.
我忘不了他的回答, 他说因为内疚让他十分难受.
查尔斯范多伦的声明:
I would give almost anything I have to reverse the course of my life in the last year.
我愿意付出任何代价重头来过.
The past doesn‘t change for anyone, but at least I can learn from the past,
但是过不去不能改变, 不过我却学了不少事情,
I have learned a lot about life, I have learned a lot about myself,
and about the responsibilies any man has to his follow man.
生命的意义, 自己的弱点, 还有对同类的责任.
I learned a lot about good and evil. they are not always what they appear to be.
我也学到善与恶并非黑白分明.
I was involved, deeply involved in the deception.
我涉及, 我深深牵涉到一个骗局.
I have deceived my freinds and i have millions of them.
我欺骗了我的朋友, 成千上万名朋友.
I lied to the American people, I lied about what i knew,
and then I lied about what i did not know.
我对美国大众说谎, 我隐瞒了我所知的事实, 也隐瞒了我所不知道的事实
In a sense, I was like a child, who refuses to admit a fact in the hope it will go away.
我逃避现实, 希望问题会消失.
Of course, it did not go away. I was scared, scared to death,
但问题是不会消失. 我害怕, 害怕得要命,
I had no solid position, no basis to stand on for myself; there was one way out,
and that was simply to tell the truth.
我毫无借口, 只有一个办法, 那就是说真话,
It may sound trite to you, but I‘ve found myself again after a number of years.
很俗, 可是我终于找回了自我,
I‘d been acting a role, maybe all my life of thinking I‘d done more,
accomplished more, produced more than I have.
我一直在演戏, 我以为我很有成就, 以为自己达到了某种目的, 我的机会比别人优越.
I‘ve had all the breaks, I have stood on the shoulders of life and
I have never gotten down into the dirt to build, to erect a foundation of my own.
我活在象牙塔内, 从未曾立足于生命力扎下根基,
I have flown too high on borrowed wings.
我靠别人飞得太高.
Everything came too easy.
什么都太轻而易举了,
That is why I am here today.
所以现在我才会在这里.
做人要问心无愧