首页 > 代码库 > Chapter 4 Invitations——8

Chapter 4 Invitations——8

His face was bright red as he looked down again.

他通红着连然后又把头低了下去。

Pity shook my resolve.

怜悯动摇着我决定要做的事。

  "I was wondering if… well, if you might be planning to ask me."

“我想知道是不是…嗯,是不是你想要邀请我?”

“我还以为也许……嗯,也许你会邀请我的。”

I paused for a moment, hating the wave of guilt that swept through me.

我暂停了一会,厌恶那一阵愧疚清扫着我。

我停顿了片刻,厌恶着在心底翻滚着的内疚之情。

  But I saw, from the corner of my eye, Edward‘s head tilt reflexively in my direction.

但是我看见了,从我的眼角看见了,Edward的头反向倾斜到了我的方向。

但从眼角的余光,我看到了,爱德华好像条件反射一样,向我这边侧过头来。

  "Mike, I think you should tell her yes," I said.

“Mike,我认为你应该告诉她是的”我说道

“迈克,我想你应该接受她的邀约。”我说。

  "Did you already ask someone?" Did Edward notice how Mike‘s eyes flickered in his direction?

“你已经问过其他人了吗”Edward注意到Mike的眼睛朝他的方向是怎样闪烁的吗?

“你已经邀请别人了吗?”爱德华有没有注意到,迈克的眼睛飞快地掠过他的方向呢?

   "No," I assured him. "I‘m not going to the dance at all.""Why not?" Mike demanded.

“不,”我向他保证“我一定不会去跳舞的。”“为什么?”Mike要求到。

“没有。”我向他保证。“我根本没打算去舞会。”

“为什么不去?”迈克诘问道。

  I didn‘t want to get into the safety hazards that dancing presented, so I quickly made new plans.

我不想要陷入提出跳舞的安全危险之中,所以我快速的做了一个新的计划。

我不想冒着生命危险到舞会上去,试探我的运气。于是,我迅速想出了一个新的计划。

  "I‘m going to Seattle that Saturday," I explained.

“我星期六要去西雅图”我解释道

I needed to get out of town anyway — it was suddenly the perfect time to go.

我无论如何需要出城——这是一个突然走的绝好时间。

反正我需要去镇外透透气——那个周六忽然成为了出发的最佳时刻。

  "Can‘t you go some other weekend?"

“其他周末不能去吗?”

"Sorry, no," I said. "So you shouldn‘t make Jess wait any longer — it‘s rude."

“对不起,不行”我说道“所以你不应该让jess久等了——这是粗鲁的”

“抱歉,不能。”我说。“所以,你也别让杰西再等了——这太没礼貌了。”

"Yeah, you‘re right," he mumbled, and turned, dejected, to walk back tohis seat.

“是的,你是对的”我嘀咕道,然后转过去,沮丧的,走回了他自己的位置。

I closed my eyes and pressed my fingers to my temples, trying to push the guilt and sympathy out of my head.

我闭上我的眼睛然后按压我的手指,尝试把愧疚和同情推出我的脑袋。

我闭上眼睛,用手指按住太阳穴,试图把内疚和同情逼出我的脑海。

Mr. Banner began talking.

Banner先生开始讲课了。

Chapter 4 Invitations——8